ABU BLACK MAX SPIN REEL (MEDIUM SIZES)
Here’s a reel that don’t require a huge amount of thought. If you’re on a tight budget but want a medium size reel for your boat, or to hit the rocks and surf, just put a Abu Garcia Black Max Spin reel in your shopping basket right now. Strength, durability with solid, reliable performance at an entry level price. Brilliant.
The Black Max 60 or 40 size looks great in black, with sport style red highlights. But aesthetics is only a small part of a much bigger picture. The Abu Garcia Black Max Spin Reels Medium Sizes 40 and 60 have several features taken from the Revo, it’s more advanced, more expensive cousin.
The Everlast bail system is all about durability. Auto Bail arm failure is a common and traditional feature in many spin reals. The Everlast bail arm ensures bail arm engagement the moment you crank, every time.
The Slow Oscillation and Rocket line management system teams up with the Rocket Spool Lip Design to offer casting credentials well above is entry level category. These are the sorts of features you want when casting long and heavy from the ocean rocks or a windy beach. Coupled with superb strength, the Black Max Spinning reel is a formidable reel for the novice, intermediate and casual angler.
Point the Black Max 60 at larger Mulloway from the surf gutters and break walls or target big Tailor and or groper from the rocks. On the boat, the 60 will see you well armed for smaller pelagic species and reef feeders like big Snapper out on the near shore waters. If you want to head up the top end rivers, the 40 will give decent Barra plenty of stick but will also work brilliantly as an inshore all-rounder, capable of record flathead or Big Murray cod from the fresh.
The Black Max medium size range are superb Budget spin reels that gets you out tackling big fish for mere pocket change.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Bearings||Weight (g)||Drag (kg)||Gear Ratio||Approx line Capacity (mono)|
|BLACKMAX SP40 Size||3+1||275||7||5.1:1||185 yards/8kg|
|BLACKMAX SP60 Size||3+1||380||9||4.8:1||190 yards/10kg|
- 3 + 1 bearings
- Lightweight graphite body and rotor
- Machined aluminium spool
- Everlast bail system
- Slow Oscillation
- Rocket line management system
- Rocket Spool Lip Design
Note: Price is for 1 reel only – Choose preferred size when ordering. Images for illustration only. Slight differences may occur.
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
We suggest purchasing the Black Max 40 Spin Reel for your all round heavier inshore applications such as chasing mulloway in lakes, barramundi in rivers and impoundments, cod in the dams, snapper out of the shallow reefs etc. We suggest purchasing a 6-8ft rod to go with the Max 40 size reel. Graphite rods will be the best choice and those that have a rating of anywhere between 4-10kg will be ideal.
You could also use the 40 size on a 3-5kg long and light surf rod as well for targeting whiting or blackfish.
The 60 size is ideal for those heavier offshore boat applications as well as for spinning off the rocks and beach with a slightly heavier line class. Match upto a 9-10ft rod for spinning off the rocks, a 10-12ft rod for fishing off the beach or a 6-7ft boat rod for fishing offshore. We have plenty to choose from in our online fishing store but if you need a hand, simply get in touch with us.
- The lightweight feel of a graphite body and rotor combined with a lightweight Alloy spool sacrifices nothing in overall strength, while providing fatigue free casting.
- The Black Max Spin reel can take some punishment. The simple design yet robust construction ensures the Black Max will handle the toughest of species and hardest of anglers.
- The casting features are the same as the Revo reels, a far more expensive Abu Garcia Model. This means the angler gets the superb casting manners of a spin reel attracting a much higher price tag.
- The Slow Oscillation provides a dead even line lay. This, coupled with the Rocket line management system and the Rocket Spool Lip Design ensures fantastic casting, a perfect feature when fishing the rocks and beach where long, weighted casting is required
- Casting manners are such that casting loops are all but eliminated. This is ideal for constant casting in tricky conditions.
Hit the beach, boat and rocks with confidence with your new Abu Garcia Black Max Spin Reels medium Sizes 40 or 60 (whichever size you choose to purchase). There’s no need to bust the bank to get strength and performance for the environments where it is needed the most. The Black Max 60 or 40 is a brilliant entry level reel, ideal for the novice and intermediate angler on a budget.