DAIWA PROCARGO FISHING REEL – SS4500
The Daiwa Procargo reel has such an impressive list of inclusions you will look twice to see if it really is a surf reel. Daiwa continues to raise the bar in this class of reel and they do this by providing anglers cutting edge technology without sacrificing the robust construction essential for battling big fish, and those environmental elements hell bend on destroying precision equipment.
7 bearings keep gears and spools and handles turning in smooth, effortless motion. Daíwa’s Digigear II gears mesh and operate in perfect lightweight synchronicity with profound strength, punching well above its weight. The ‘Air Rotor’ is also very light and exceptionally well balanced. The Zaion construction material is designed to disperse pressure and reduce stressing and flexing. A Zaion frame works to distribute vibration evenly, supporting all the working parts with amazing strength coupled with corrosion resistance.
12kg of big fish stopping max drag is delivered via Daiwa’s Ultimate Tournament Drag. You can rest assured that your drag will operate consistently throughout its working life as Daiwa’s Mag Seal keeps the gear destroying elements from getting inside your reel and causing havoc. The famous Daiwa Infinite Anti Reverse system ensures total control when setting hooks and awesome feel through the handle.
Casting (from the beach and rocks) is a critical element. The Daiwa Procargo gives you a spool to hold very generous quantities of line. It includes Airbail, Twistbuster II and cross Wrap technology, guaranteeing maximum casting potential from a spool where line is uniformly packed retrieve after retrieve. The cross wrapping eliminates dig-in, meaning line peels off for huge casts in all conditions.
The Daiwa Procargo is light weight, refined and jam packed with the latest technological features. The robust construction marries perfectly with finesse. Fix it to your favourite surf rod now and feel the casting brilliance and fish turning power.
Features and Specifications
- Model: Procargo SS4500
- Gear Ration: 4.7:1
- Bearings: 6+1
- Weight: 445g
- Powerful Ultimate Tournament Drag with max drag pressure: 12kg
- Line capacity: PE 4/250m (approx 40lb braid), PE5/170m (approx 50lb braid)
- Zaion reel frame
- Daiwa Air Rotor System
- Daiwa’s Digigear II
- Airbail Bail Arm
- Twistbuster II Anti Line Twist
- Cross Wrap Line Lay technology
- Cast Lock
- Infinite Anti Reverse
- Daiwa Mag Seal
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Selection Guide
The Daiwa Procargo reel will suit anglers wishing to obtain a long casting distance from the surf or rocks and therefore a 10ft – 14ft rock or surf fishing rod is going to be your best rod size choice. We have plenty to choose from in our online fishing store and we are here to offer assistance if you need further advice.
- Mag Seal provides the angler with super smooth operation, keeping sand water and dust out completely. The Daiwa Procargo reel will work as it did out of the box for a longer period of time compared to some conventional reels.
- Super strong max 12 kg drag pressure. Front drag UTD system providing you with the stopping power you need to target some powerful surf fishing species.
- Great spool capacity to handle the extra long runs.
- Infinite Anti Reverse for confidence when setting hooks and awesome feel.
- Zaion Air Rotor, Lightweight, balanced and incredibly smooth.
- Light weight but strong and robust
- Outstanding casting attributes for long accurate casts and smooth, uniform retrieves.
- Daiwa continues to show their dedication to their customers. They continually respond to the demands of the modern angler. The Daiwa Procargo fishing reel is yet another example of Daiwa providing the latest and the best at an affordable price.
The Daiwa Procargo reel has few peers, the quality in design and finish is truly top shelf. Add one to your surf reel collection and strap it to your favourite surf rod. You’ll never want to put in down.