GMR™ 18 xHD Radome
|Amperage||33.5 Watts (Normal); 12 Watts (Standby)|
|Beam||5.2 Degrees H x 25 Degrees V|
|Dimensions||20″ Diameter x 9 3/4″ Height|
|Display Color||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Range||48 Nautical Miles|
|Rotation||24/48 RPM (Dual Rotation)|
|Transmit Power||4 Kilowatts|
|Voltage||10.5 to 35 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Garmin’s next-generation, 4 kW high-definition GMR 18 xHD dome radar pairs ease of use with advanced open-array features.
The GMR 18 xHD delivers higher resolution than Garmin’s previous generation 18″ dome radars. Its intuitive operation makes modes and settings simple to understand so you can enjoy great performance without a lot of technical know-how. New Dynamic Auto Gain and Dynamic Sea Filter continually adjust to your surroundings, providing optimal performance in varying conditions.
Choose from multiple levels of aggressiveness or use manual gain adjustment. Dual range operation allows fully independent split-screen display of far and close radar views in full 8-bit color (with select chartplotters); range of 48 nm. “No Transmit Zone” protects areas behind the radar from being radiated while providing full forward-looking radar capability. This makes installation more flexible by providing more suitable installation options on your boat.
- Get xHD open array performance in a dome radar: High resolution (1440 display spokes vs. 720 on HD domes, draws detail down to 1/4 of a degree vs. 1/2) to provide improved target separation and finer shoreline detail
- True Color: 8-bit true color helps differentiate large targets from small ones and aids target separation
- Dual Range Operation: Simultaneously view both short and long ranges. You can keep a close eye on your immediate surroundings while also knowing what’s happening farther out. It’s like having 2 radars for the price of one.
- Radar Overlay: Overlays radar returns over the top of your navigation charts to provide the best of both GPS and radar. You’ll have greater confidence in the accuracy of your charts when the radar paints the same markers and shorelines. It also helps you discern which radar returns are known charted objects and which are boats or other collision threats.
- Dynamic Auto Gain and Sea Filter: Automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions. Dynamic Auto Gain maximizes your ability to see distant targets while limiting excess clutter on the screen. Dynamic Sea Filter reduces the returns caused by nearby waves in heavy seas. You can choose from multiple levels of aggressiveness or use manual gain adjustment.
- Mini-Automatic Radar Plotting Aid (MARPA): Identify and track targets that might pose a collision threat. Targets are manually selected, but then the radar automatically tracks their location, speed, and direction over time. MARPA tells you the closest point of approach and time to that point if you continue on your current route so you can make adjustments for safety. It also alerts you when targets become dangerous or violate a safe proximity of your boat.
Physical and Performance
- Dimensions: 20″ diameter, 9 3/4″ high (50.8 cm diameter, 24.8 cm high)
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.7 kg)
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Antenna Sweep: 24/48 rpm (dual rotation)
- Transmit Power: 4 kW
- Power input: 10.5-35 V DC, 33.5 W
- Beamwidth: 5.2° horizontal, 25° vertical
- Maximum range: 48 nm
- Minimum range: 20 meters
Features and Benefits
- Garmin Marine Network compatible: Yes
- High definition (outstanding target separation with less screen clutter): Yes
- MARPA target tracking (collision avoidance): Yes (Requires Heading Sensor, Sold Separately)
- Guard zone alarm: Yes
- Radar Overlay Support: Yes
- Dual Range Support: Yes
- Dynamic Auto Gain: Yes
- Dynamic Sea Filter: Yes
- Timed Transmit: Yes
- No Transmit Zone: yes
What’s in the Box
- GMR 18 xHD
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
- Grommet for marine cable