Serious sport fishermen, cruisers, sailors and sail racers demand serious equipment.
The easy-to-use, easy-to-install GPSMAP 8412xsv chartplotter/sonar combo delivers MFD performance in a combo-size package.
It features a 12” full HD IPS touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses.
Multiple displays can be flat mounted edge-to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or can be mounted flush.
12” Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo with Full HD In-plane Switching (IPS) Display
- Features a 12” full HD in IPS touchscreen display.
- Built-in support for the full suite of Garmin sonar capabilities.
- Fully network capable with NMEA 2000® connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network.
- Includes ANT® technology and Wi-Fi® networking.
- SmartMode™ station controls enable quick, one-touch access to the information you need.
Complete Sonar Support
The GPSMAP 8412xsv chartplotter/sonar combo offers built-in support for our industry-leading sonar, including dual-channel 1 kW traditional CHIRP, CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü scanning sonars plus built-in support for Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar (no black box required).
It also supports the entire Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar line (transducers sold separately).
The GPSMAP 8412xsv Chartplotter has a premium-performance processor that enables fast map drawing, superior networking, video distribution and more.
Built-in Wi-Fi technology lets you pair with the free ActiveCaptain® app for access to OneChart™, smart notifications¹, Garmin Quickdraw™ community data and more.
You can also control video streaming from our GC™ 100 wireless camera and VIRB® action cameras.
In addition, built-in ANT wireless technology connects you directly to our quatix® marine watch, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer and wireless remote controls.
SmartMode Station Controls
Networked sonar, radar, cameras, media and digital switching can be independent or incorporated into SmartMode station controls.
With SmartMode, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress situations such as docking.
Special Sailing Features
The Garmin SailAssist™ feature provides data, displays and prerace guidance to help you gain a competitive edge.
Other sailing features include lay lines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields and tide/current/time slider.
Gauge displays provide need-to-know information at a glance, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs and a data bar with customizable fields.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 11.9″ x 8.5″ x 3″ (30.3 cm x 21.6 cm x 7.6 cm)
- Display size: 10.1″ x 5.7″ (25.7 cm x 14.5 cm)
- Display resolution: FHD; 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Display type: touchscreen IPS display (anti-glare finish)
- Weight: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
- Water rating: IPX6 and IPX7
- Polarized Support: Yes
- J1939 Compatible: Yes
- Power consumption: 3.1 A
- Antenna: Internal or external over NMEA 2000
- Mounting options: Bail, flat or flush (Garmin does not offer any hardware or accessories for a flat-mount installation. Professional tools and knowledge is required.)
- Receiver: 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
- Garmin Marine Network™ ports: 2
Maps & Memory
- Accepts data cards: 2 microSD cards (on back)
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Routes: 100 (250 waypoints each)
- Track log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks
Outdoor Recreation Features
- Tide tables: Yes
- Garmin Radar compatible: Yes
- Garmin Sonar compatible: Yes
- Garmin SmartMode compatible (customizable monitor presets) Yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position) Yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio) Yes
- Supports FUSION-Link™ compatible radios: Yes
- GSD™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- GCV™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- ActiveCaptain compatible: Yes
- Garmin Helm™ compatible: Yes
- GRID™ (Garmin Remote Input Device) compatible: Yes
- Wireless remote compatible: Yes
- Sailing Features: Yes
Sonar Features & Specifications
- Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Dual-beam (77/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Frequencies supported
- Traditional: 50/200, 77/200, 83/200
- Single Channel CHIRP: 40-250
- Dual Channel CHIRP: 40-250
- SideVü/ClearVü: CHIRP 260/455/800
- Ultra High-Definition ClearVü: 0.8 MHz (800 kHz), CHIRP range: 760-880 kHz
- Ultra High-Definition SideVü: 1.2 MHz (1,200 kHz), CHIRP range: 1,060-1,170 kHz
- (dependent on transducer)
- Transmit power: 1 kW traditional; 1 kW CHIRP
- CHIRP sonar technology: Yes (Built-in)
- ClearVü: Yes
- SideVü: Yes
- Maximum depth: 5,000 ft at 1kW (depth capacity is dependent on water bottom type and other water conditions)
- NMEA 2000® compatible: Yes
- Transducer pin numbers: 1 – LVS sonar, 1 – 12 pin scanning sonar, 1- 8 pin sonar
- NMEA 0183 input ports: 1 differential
- NMEA 0183 output ports: 1 differential
- Video input ports
- 1 – BNC composite
- 1 – HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video output ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless connectivity: Yes
- Additional: Supports spoken audio alerts
In The Box
- GPSMAP 8412xsv
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000® drop cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- Bail mount with knobs
- Flush mount kit
- Sun cover
- Trim piece snap covers