OKUMA AVENGER REELS (LARGE SIZES)
Big reels mean big fish and the 65x and 80x Okuma Avenger X Fishing Reels are packed full of goodies to start breaking some records. Fishing big needn’t cost you a fortune. With the new Avenger X range big fish angling just got a whole lot more affordable. The feature list below is nothing short of jaw dropping considering the size of the reels, quality of construction and outstanding performance. All you need to do is decide. Do you want big? Or bigger?
With a whopping 15kg of drag in both models you’re primed for species that punch well into the double figures. You also have plenty of line capacity should you be tacking the long runners. Unless you’re hunting Massive Barra or Mulloway, you’ve pretty well left the rivers and bays behind. You’ve hit the beach, rocks, or passed the heads in your favourite vessel and you’re off hunting species with grunt.
The 65 will be great on the beach. You can fish a little lighter chasing Salmon, Tailor and Mulloway but when the Bream, Dart and Whiting arrive, you won’t feel as though it is overkill. The Avenger 65X fishing reel is also great for medium rock and offshore boat fishing chasing sports fish. The Avenger 80X will be awesome on the rocks. Here you’ll be chasing all manner of pelagic species. This is a great reel for hunting Big Yellow Tail Kingfish. It also provides you all the pulling power you need for targeting groper with crab and Cunje baits plus so much more. The 80 is again perfect for beach and boat fishing also.
Fish Big for less and purchase the 60 or 80 Okuma Avenger X Fishing Reels and start thinking big. For sale now, representing awesome value for money.
Features and Specifications
- Lightweight corrosion free graphite body and rotor
- Braid Locking Spool. Knurling for backing free line spooling
- Oil felt Multi-disc, Japanese reel drag
- 6 BB + 1RB for ultimate smoothness
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Brass pinion gear
- Precision gear system
- Machined aluminium spool with LCS lip
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel bail wire
- Computer balanced for less wobbles and shakes
- Slim body design
- Soft EVA touch EVA Grip
- Rigid Aluminium handle arm for power transfer
- Gear ratio: 4.5:1
- Max Drag: 15kg
- Ball bearings : 6+1
Model Specific Details
Size model AV-65X
- Fishing line capacity (diameter/metres): 0.35/390, 0.40/300, 0.50/185
- Line Retieve per handle crank: 86cm
- Approx weight: 570 grams
Size model AV-80X
- Fishing line capacity (diameter/metres): 0.45/305, 0.50/250, 0.55/205
- Line Retieve per handle crank: 97cm
- Approx weight: 612 grams
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
Matching a rod will be fun as there will be a great selection. The 65 will balance well with a 5 to 8ft boat rod, sit brilliantly on a 10ft surf rod and work well around the 9ft mark on a heavy general purpose rod. Ratings between 6 and 15kg gives you plenty of scope for honing to application. The choice with the 8000 is night on limitless. Look at 12ft for the rock and beach. For the boat, length is up to you depending on what you are doing, casting or trolling etc. Rods rated over the 10kg mark are going to provide suitable balance.
- Big reels for big fish. Now your strapping on big live baits and hunting big Mulloway and more.
- 6 bearings will support you through and extended battle with a decent Mackerel that’s not so keen to turn.
- The Avenger is chock full of corrosion resistance. Your big reels are likely to face the worst of the marine environment. Okuma has durability and longevity covered.
- The Avenger 60x and 80X have a whopping 15kg of drag. This is serious head turning power designed to keep monsters from reaching safe haven in the shelter.
- The EVA grip and Rigid handle, coupled with a gear ratio designed for cranking gives you all the power you need to wrestle large fish.
- Slimmer body design which assists in reducing angler fatigue.
Put the Okuma 60X or 80X Avenger X Fishing Reels on the top of your list for hitting the big fish with a tight budget. You get all of the features and quality at a fraction of the price. Frugal fishing without compromising on durability and performance.