PENN BATTLE II FISHING REEL – MODEL 4000
The Penn Battle 4000 reel is a medium sized fishing reel designed to be affordable for everyone while still maintaining the high standards that Penn is known for. When fishing reels can become so expensive it is nice to know that Penn is focused on creating a product that is available to all anglers no matter their budget. With Penn you know you are getting a spinning reel that is quality and they didn’t skimp on the Battle line. You will still get their same great quality that pairs function with durability.
The Penn Battle II 4000 is best suited for rivers, lakes, and harbours, and for use as a light offshore spin reel. The 4000 is perfect for catching Barramundi, Snapper, Tailor, and Mulloway. Penn designed their Battle fishing reel with a full metal body, side plate, and rotor, and Superline spool that will hold up in some of the toughest fights.
Features and Specifications
- Model Penn Battle Reel II – 4000
- Monofilament Line Capacities (yards/lb): 270/8, 220/10 or 165/12
- Braid Line Capacities (yards/lb): 360/15, 260/20 or 185/30
- 5+1 bearings
- Weight approx 362 grams
- Max drag 7kg
- 6.2:1 high speed gear ratio
- Attractive yet functional form
- Increased durability with a full metal body
- Precise gear alignment
- Exceptionally smooth HT-100 drag with carbon fiber drag washers
- Sturdy metal side plate and rotor
- Instantaneous anti-reverse bearing
- Aluminum bail wire
- Superline spool
- Line capacity rings
- Suitable for river, lake fishing, and harbour fishing, or as a light offshore spin reel.
Note: Image for illustration only – small variations such as handle shapes can vary
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
Once your new Penn Battle II 4000 arrives you’ll need to pair it with a rod. We suggest picking a rod that is 6 to 7 foot with a line rating of 4-10kgs, or an 8 to 10 foot light surf rod with a light line of 3-5kgs. Selecting a rod can be difficult as there are a broad range of options to choose from and these are only our guidelines. This reel can be used with a wide array of rods and you should select one that will work best for you.
- The attractive classic styling is guaranteed to look great with any rod you use.
- The Penn Battle reel features a durable full metal body, side plate, and rotor ensuring that your purchase will last for years to come. This Penn Battle II is built to survive anything you could put it through. Functional and well built, it’s everything you need in a fishing reel.
- The trademark Superline spool ensures that no backing is necessary. The handy rubber gasket keeps the lines from slipping.
Ideal for a variety of waters makes it the perfect choice for all of your fishing needs. No matter where you’re heading the Penn Battle II will be your go to reel.