PENN BATTLE II FISHING REEL – MODEL 6000
The Penn Battle II is the newest design of Spinning Reels from PENN Fishing, and has many new design innovations from advancements in reel technology.
Like all Penn Battle II Spinning Reels, it has the HT-100 Drag System, and the Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 puts out 12kg’s of drag, which is a considerable amount of drag for a spinning reel.
There are several Penn Battle II Reels in the series and the Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 is the second largest in the series which has all the features of the Penn Battle II Series spinning reels.
The Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 model is braid line ready like all of the Penn Battle II Reels, and will hold 275 meters of 22kg braided line which is quite a large holding capacity for this particular strength of braided line.
PENN has made many improvements in line management including added line capacity that lets you know that the spool is filled correctly. This results in superior castability and stops excess line stripping from the spool.
Features and Specifications
- Model – Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000
- Monofilament Line Capacities (yards/lb): 320/15, 280/17, 220/20
- Braid Line Capacities (yards/lb): 445/30, 365/40, 310/50
- Visual Line Capacity Rings on the spool lets you know how much line you have left
- Drag washers are keyed into the spool allowing use of both sides of the washer increasing drag
- 5+1 Sealed Bearings with an added layer of protection against salt water and corrosion
- HT-100 Drag System with carbon fiber keyed washers
- Full Metal Reel Body, rotor, as well as side plate
- Instant Anti-Reverse Feature
- Rubber ring on spool allowing braid to be tied straight to the spool without backing.
- 5.6:1 Gear Ratio
- 626g Weight
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
The Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 model is a large reel, and is designed for rock, surf fishing or fishing from boats where catching larger species of fish such as snapper, salmon, tailor, mackerel, mulloway and other large fish is desired.
The Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 reel works great with 5-7 foot rods on boats, and larger rods from 8-10ft rods for fishing from the shore.
If you need help choosing a rod for your Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 spinning reel, please contact us for assistance.
- The Penn II Battle Fishing Reel 6000 model has a full metal body including sideplates making this reel super durable.
- Rubber gasket on the Spool stops superline or braided lines from slipping.
- Spool is made of CNC machined aluminum and is anodized for superior wear and corrosion protection.
- 5+1 sealed stainless steel ball-bearings keep salt water out which damages and dries out bearings.
- Rotor is ‘Techno-balanced which ensures smooth retrieves.
- The HT-100 Drag System has keyed carbon fiber washers utilizing both sides of the washer for smooth drag when the real is under heavy load.
If you want the best spinning reel for catching large fish, and a reel that has superior features with long lasting reliability, then the Penn Battle II Fishing Reel 6000 is a great choice.