PENN CLASH REEL (LARGE SIZES)
The Penn Clash fishing reels sizes 6000 or 8000 open up some big fish opportunities, but it’s not just reel class that provides the ticket to ride. The Penn Clash 6000 and 8000 are totally performance driven, with a host of outstanding features that doesn’t just see you pitted against monsters, but more a genuine contender for a podium finish.
Lock off your drag for a titanic battle with Drummer or Groper from your favourite rock platform. Use Cunje and crabs and you’ll also be in line for extra-large ocean side Bream. All Rock hopper know, that the rocks is where you still find Bream well into the 2.5kg category. Yes. They still exist. If Kingfish and Tuna are more your style, set live baits under balloons and strap yourself in for the fight of your life. You will have all the drag and power you need to subdue these missiles and all the casting power to reach them.
Where casting is critical, like the beach, anglers will love the distances achievable with their Clash. The level line System allows for perfect line dispatch every time, increasing your target area significantly. Reaching the back breakers and more distant gutters has never been easier when balanced with the perfect surf rig.
The 6000 and 8000 allows boaties to play hard. The wave springs in the drag system ensure full drag pressure is available, allowing you to mix it up with some pretty hefty fish right through the water column. Durability, smoothness, and precision will convert to more fish, more often.
The Penn Clash 6000 and 8000 are nothing short of sensational, boat or land, inshore or offshore. They’re for sale now, so get in while the pricing is hot.
Features and Specifications
- Full Metal Body
- Techno-Balanced rotor
- CNC GEAR Technology
- HT-100 carbon fibre drag washers
- 8 Sealed stainless steel ball bearing
- Instant Anti-Reverse bearing
- Heavy-duty aluminium bail wire
- Braid ready spool due to rubber gasket allowing you to tie braid direct without backing
- Line Capacity Rings
- Leveline Oscillation System
- Dura Drag
- Machined brass pinion and drive gear
Note: Price is for 1 reel only (choose the size you require when ordering) – Images for illustration purpose only – differences may occur.
Size specific specifications
Model: Penn Clash 6000 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 335yards/15lb, 230 yards /20 lb, or 210yards /25 lb
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: 490 yards/30 lb, 390 yards/40 lb, or 335yards /50 lb
- Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
- Line per turn: 102.5mm
- Reel weight: 580 grams
- Max Drag: 14kg
Model: Penn Clash 8000 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 340yards/20lb, 310yards /25lb or 230yards/30 lb
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: 465yards/50lb, 390 yards/65lb or 345 yards/80lb
- Gear Ratio: 4.7:1
- Line per turn: 100mm
- Reel weight: 762 grams
- Max Drag: 18kg
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Selection Guide
To sum it up, think beach, rock and offshore boat for this reel and as such we suggest the following (as a guide). For beach fishing the Clash 6000 or 8000 sized reel will generally fit well with most surf rods around 10 to 14 feet in length, for a happy medium grab a 12 foot. For The rocks you could use these reels on either a heavy popper rod for casting poppers at kings or trevally or a 9-10ft rock rod. From the boat there will be plenty of boat rods to choose from in the range of 6kg through to 24kg weights. (You need a spin rod – so make sure you don’t use an overhead rod). If you need further help simply contact us.
- The 6000 and 8000 are masters of the beach and Rock. Drift the surf gutters with gang hooks and Pillies or throw a Live Yakka at a kingfish from a rock platform with ease.
- Whether you choose to use Mono or braid, you have plenty of line capacity should your hook up decide to treat you with contempt and head determinedly in the other direction.
- Boaties will have the luxury of setting the 8000 to troll for Mack’s, or cast really big poppers to see the surface break on strike.
- With this size of fishing reel you can cast some really big lures. One thing we know for certain is that big lures attract big fish.
- Don’t be afraid to cast a little worm into a gutter while using your 8000. You’ll still feel every Whiting enquiry but also by well place to try and tackle the Jew that grabs it instead.
Whether land based or all out at sea the Penn Clash Spin Reels Sizes 6000 or 8000 will see you packing bruising power with silky smooth operation. You’re now geared up to handle most of what the ocean can throw at you, and the inbuilt durability will see you doing it with your Clash for years to come.