PENN CLASH REEL (MEDUM SIZES)
The Penn Clash spin reels are jammed full of features and technology. Performance from cast to landing is unquestionable. Cast vibes at bridge pylons way up the estuary one day, then hit the rocks and point metal slices as big green backs. The 5000 will be perfect for bouncing the bottom for tasty snapper but will also provide oceans of excitement throwing poppers at Queenfish out in the tropical, reef filled blue.
Access to such a diversity of fishing applications with classic Penn fishing reel performance is what makes the Penn Clash series so inviting. The Level Line System promotes prodigious casting distances. The full metal body and CNC GEAR Technology provide the strength and power. 8 sealed bearings offer velvety smooth operation and promote longevity, even under the harshest of Aussie conditions.
There is nothing to criticize about the Penn Clash. It’s simply outstanding performance at an accessible price. There’s very good reasons to put one in your trolley now.
Features and Specifications
- Reel body is full metal
- Techno Balanced spinning reel rotor
- CNC GEAR construction technology
- HT-100 drag washers (made of carbon fibre)
- Ball Bearings: 8 (stainless steel) + 1 Anti reverse bearing
- Heavy duty construction bail arm wire
- Rubber gasket on spool for those that wish to fill entire reel with braid and no backing
- Line Capacity Rings
- Leveline Oscillation System that allows line to be laid in a more even and accurate manner.
- Dura Drag System by Penn
Note: Price is for 1 reel only (choose the size you require when ordering) – Images for illustration purpose only – differences may occur.
Size specific specifications
Model: Penn Clash 4000 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 270 yards/8lb, 220yards/10lb, or 165 yards/12lb
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: Braid, 360 yards/15lb, 260 yards/20lb or 185 Yards/30lb
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Line per turn: 925mm
- Reel weight: 300 grams
- Max Drag: 8kg
Model: Penn Clash 5000 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 225 yards/12lb, 200 yards /15 lb or 135 yards /20 lb
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: 420 yards /20 lb, 300 yards /30 lb or 240 yards /40lb
- Gear Ratio: 5.8:1
- Line per turn: 900mm
- Reel weight: 473 grams
- MMax Drag: 14kg
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Selection Guide
Penn Clash 4000 and 5000 spinning reel sizes are pretty much a medium sized reel that would cover a lot of different applications really from heavy estuary fishing for say mulloway or barramundi, Bay or light offshore for snapper and other reef fish or you could even use a 4000 to 5000 sized reel for light rock or surf fishing as well to target whiting, bream or dart for example. The choice is yours.
When it comes to choosing an applicable rod to match a Penn Clash 5000 reel or 4000 model what we would suggest (as a rough guide of course) is a: 6-7ft barra or snapper style boat rod for those who wish to target reef fish or heavier weight estuarine species. For the rocks an 8-9ft shore spin style rod would make the ideal pick, and for light surf a 10-11ft rod would be ideal. For line ratings they are going to vary and it is a guide only but anything with a rating of 4-10kg should match up reasonably well in most cases. If you are also in need for a rod and would like a little more advice, simply get in touch with us.
- The 4000 and 5000 give you excellent access to a very broad range of fishing applications, from light, blue water action, to full coverage of the inshore grounds.
- The Clash spool has capacity rings and is braid ready because it has a rubber gasket so you can tie braid direct to it without slippage, yet the mono traditionalist will also love the line capacities.
- For those wanting to regularly target bigger fish such as Mulloway, the 5000 provides and enormous Dura Drag maximum of 14kg.
- Fit the 4000 or 5000 to a 10 foot carbon beach rod and you will have an outstanding light rig for hunting the surf side gutters. Awesome sport with Aussie Salmon.
- The 4000 gives you a greater flexibility for lure fishing with its fast gearing, where the 5000 provides that little extra cranking power you are likely to need for bigger fish.
Whether on board your favourite vessel or strictly land based, the Penn Clash 4000 and 5000 spin reels present outstanding performance and value for money. The Class is perfect for your go-to every day reel and will give you countless year of sheer fishing joy.
All that’s left to do now is decide which Penn Clash reel you wish to purchase, then select the option from our ordering menu and add to cart.