PENN SLAMMER 760 FISHING REEL
The Penn Slammer reels have fast become the go to reel for serious saltwater fisho’s anglers that want a no fuss, fish catching reel!
Popular amongst professional charters and guides as a rugged simple to use reel that works day in day out and can handle the torture subjected to it by hard fighting fish and inexperienced anglers. The Penn Slammer is a proven Performer
Anglers want two things from a fishing reel, power and durability. Penn Engineers have taken this into account and have designed a frame that is made from a special high-strength alum-alloy to produce a housing that encases rugged gearing system of the Penn Slammer 760.
With the realisation that fisho’s would exert larger drag pressures due to the increasing use of braides super lines. The main support shaft for the spool of the Penn Slammer 760 was oversized and a triple support system added so that gear alignment and balance would not be compromised even under extreme pressure.
The Penn Slammer 760 features a single oversize HT100™ drag washer, that is positioned under the spool, to provide more drag area and of course stopping power while also protecting it from the elements.
Whether you fish the estuaries or offshore the Penn Slammer reels have the water covered, a no nonsense fishing reel.
Features and Specifications
- Model Slammer 760
- Capacity Mono (lb/yds) 20/340, 25/300, 30/230
- Capacity Braid – Guide only (lb/yds) 30/675, 50/470, 65/390
- Weight 760 grams approx
- Gear Ratio 4.7:1
- Full metal body and sideplate
- Machined and anodized aluminum spool
- Triple supported oversize SS mainshaft
- Machine cut alloy main gear
- 5 shielded Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
Fishing Application and Rod Suggestions
The Penn Slammer 760 Spin Fishing Reel is a large reel suited to heavy duty offshore, beach and rock fishing work, suitabale to target big snapper, kingfish, trevallies, tropical reef species out of the boat or snapper, mulloway, salmon, tuna off the rocks or beaches.
The Penn Slammer 760 Fishing Reel can be matched up to rods ranging from 1.8m to 4m in length that are rated from 10-24kg depending on your target species and location.
- The Penn Slammer has brought the Spinning reels in to the 21st century it was one of the first reels to utilise the under the spool to house an oversized drag washer for more drag range, pressure smoothness and reliability.
- Full metal body and sideplate matched with a machined aluminium spool that is fully anodized to protect it from the harsh saltwater environment.
- Stainless Steel Bearings and an infinite anti reverse bearing provide super smooth performance and reliability no more failed anti reverse springs.
When you’re there to fish and want a reel that won’t let you down The Penn Slammer 760– Pure and simple add one to your arsenal today!