QUANTUM CABO FISHING REELS (LARGE SIZES)
The Large size Quantum Cabo fishing Reels are for those anglers looking to hunt a much larger class of fish both inshore and offshore. This angler is not just looking for any old fishing reel. They’re a demanding angler seeking a feature filled reel of pedigree, that not only has the performance and class to pit against the oceans toughest, but a Cabo reel that will also stand the test off time in the harshest of environments.
The 100 size is for those looking to tackle GTs, Yellowtail Kingfish, Tuna, Cobia, Amberjack, big Spaniards, Massive reef dwelling Cod and small billfish. These reels are brilliant deployed from the boat or from the ocean rocks.
The 80 is a little more universal. It’s a brilliant all-rounder from the boat, ocean rocks, and ideal for hunting massive Mulloway from sea walls and surf gutters. This is the sort of fishing reel the Surf angler and Rock hopper would use as their go-to reel for hunting Mackerel, Tailor, Aussie Salmon, Bonito, Big drummer, Blue Groper and the like. You have Fantastic casting capabilities and the capacity to fill the spool with plenty of mono or braid. Your spool size is backed up by whopping drag capacities. With 30lb max drag in the 80, you have enough in the armoury to deal with a huge rock based Yellowtail Kingfish, should he monster a live bait or a big popper.
Big fish hunters who prefer spin reels will find everything to love about the Quantum Cabo Fishing reels. All you need to do is check out the specs below and make a choice. This is top shelf kit, but at a price that won’t force a second mortgage. Simply brilliant. Select yours, and put it in your shopping trolley now. It will become your favourite reel!
Features and Specifications
|Model||Ratio||Approx Mono Capacity(Lb/yds)||Approx Braid Capacity (lb/yds)||Max Drag||Approx Weight|
|Quantum Cabo 80||4.9:1 approx||20/300||65/380||50lb||709 grams|
|Quantum Cabo 100 PTSE||4.7:1 approx||20/430||65/480||60lb||925 grams|
- 8 stainless steel bearings (7 + clutch)
- Aluminium body
- Aluminium side cover
- Sealed Clutch
- Corrosion protection (SaltGuard2.0)
- Drag System: Sealed Magnum carbon fibre, stainless and ceramic drag
- Magnetic bail trip (Cabo 80 size) Manual Close bail (Cabo 100 size)
- Ultra Durable PT gears
- Large Size Reel
Note: Images for illustration only. There may be some slight variations between sizes. Price is for 1 reel only and varies depending on which model you choose to purchase Display price will change upon selection of a size from our order menu.
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Suggestion Guide
Quantum Cabo 80 or 100 size fishing reels are large size reels designed for beach, rock and offshore boat fishing. We therefore suggest matching either of these reels on a 12ft + rock / beach rod or a heavy boat rod up to around 7ft in length. Line class is really a personal choice however we would suggest looking into a boat or beach rod with a rating of 10-12kgs + right up to around a 24-37kg rating if you wanted to fish super heavy.
- SaltGuard 2.0 multi-layer corrosion protection, Sealed Magnum CSC drag, Sealed Magnum clutch all contribute to making this a highly durable, long lasting Quantum Cabo fishing reel that will see you through years of countless fishing adventures in the harsh salt environment.
- The Ultra-hard PT gears provide a strong and powerful crank and are kept in meshed, and operating at peak with the assistant of the super lightweight all alloy body and side plate
- 8 Stainless bearings assist in the delivery of a silky-smooth crank. You’ll hardly feel your turning the handle.
- TiMag titanium bail wire will return to its original shape when bumped or bent.
- The Sealed Magnum CSC carbon fibre, stainless and ceramic drag system has a huge max capacity, making it ideal for tackling big, hard running species.
The Quantum Cabo Fishing Reels will suit the beach, rock and boat angler looking for a performance spin reel that is not only feature laden, but high performance and incredibly durable. This reel is for hard fighting big fish, inshore and off.