RAPALA CONTESSA FISHING REELS
New to the market in 2015 and settling perfectly into the light to medium spin niche is the Rapala Contessa reel. There are 3 sizes from which to choose and they’re so affordably priced you’ll want all of them, providing your partner and wallet say yes ofcourse. There is a 2000, a 3000 and a 4000. Each reel is designed to be the perfect lure reel. 9 bearings provides and operation so smooth you won’t want to put it down.
The 2000 and the 3000 will be ideal for salt and fresh applications. You will be chasing Whiting, Trout, Bass and Bream. And you’ll be fishing light. These are sports reels designed for the angler looking to maximise the sport in every fishing trip.
The 4000 ups the ante. Now you’ll be chasing decent size flathead, Mangrove Jack as well as casting and trolling hard bodies for Barra. They’re an outstanding Barra reel and perfect for the rivers as well as the fresh impoundments. For those hedging their bets for a mixed bag, the 4000 is the ideal size. While you are casting plastics at the racks, you’ll have the finesse you need to entice a Bream as well as the line capacity and drag power to wrestle a record Flathead or wandering Jew. Outstanding line capacity and drag smoothness ensures you will have the confidence to be patient in your bid to gain the upper hand in any battle.
The best feature of the Rapala Contessa range is that you are getting awesome features for an accessible price. Rarely will you find a spin reel of this quality, sporting the smoothness of 9 bearings in this price category.
For those that also look for great styling in a reel, you won’t be disappointed. Great lines and sleek black colouring are perfectly set off by the heavy porting on the spool. The Rapala Contessa spin reel is a head turner, a money saver and most definitely a prolific fish catcher. Check out the specs below.
Features and Specifications
- Graphite frame, body and rotor
- Aggressively ported aluminium spool
- Carbon element drag
- Machined handle
- Carbon shaft with EVA grip
- Light gauge bail wire
- Ball Bearings: 9+1
- Gear Ratio: 5.2:1
Note: Images for illustration only – slight variations may occur
Model Specific Details
- Capacity mono approx 290m/2kg
- Ideal for salt and fresh, light fishing for Bream, Whiting, Bass and Trout
- Approx Capacity mono 250m/3kg
- Ideal for salt and fresh, light fishing for Bream, Whiting, Bass, Yellowbelly and Flathead
- Approx Capacity mono 260m/4kg
- Ideal for salt and fresh, medium fishing for Cod, Perch, Barramundi, Snapper, Flathead andMangrove Jacks
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
The Rapala Contessa 2000 and 3000 reels are sizes designed for all those lighter fishing applications such as angling in a river or lake be it freshwater or saltwater. For the 2000 Size consider a 6-7ft graphite fishing rod with a rating around 2-5kg for the 3000 size consider a rod with the same length but with a rating of around 4kgs+
The 4000 Size is that little bit of an all-rounder so pair it up with a 6-7ft graphite boat rod or barra rod with a rating up to 8-10kg, match it to a light 8-9ft shore spin rod or use it as a light surf reel on a light 10-11ft graphite rod. If you need assistance in picking a rod just get in touch with us.
- 9+1 Bearings provides velvet smooth operation, especially under load.
- The combination of Aluminium, Graphite and the heavily ported spool make each reel in the series incredibly lightweight.
- The perfect spin reel design for casting lightweight lures.
- Built by Rapala, the famous lure manufacturer. You know these reels are designed with lure casting in mind.
- The perfect reel for light to medium lure fishing and the carbon element drag is incredibly smooth under load
If you’re looking for a spin reel that’s smooth as silk, strong as an Ox and designed for light to medium salt and freshwater fishing work, the Rapala Contessa range is for you. You’ll be looking hard for a long time to find a better reel for purpose. Rapala Contessa for sale now!