SHIMANO BIOMASTER FISHING REEL – 4000 SW AXG
Shimano Biomaster is a rugged breed of saltwater fishing reels developed by Shimano. Shielded anti-rust bearings (S A-RBs) will provide the saltwater protection needed to guarantee the long-term quality of your fishing reel. The cold forged (CF) aluminium materials add further protection to these robust yet agile fishing reels.
The AR-C spool is an innovative feature on the Biomaster 4000 reel that will enable you to vastly improve your casting distance. Shimano has undertaken intensive research to create a lip design that prevents backlashes and wind knots from occurring. The special AR-C design of the spool lip minimizes friction by letting the line out the line in smaller loops.
Shimano has incorporated Aerowrap II because the pitch design perfectly complements the AR-C spool. A worn gear oscillation system ensures that energy is distributed efficiently through uniform line laying and winding shape.
One of the standout features of the Shimano Biomaster 4000 SW fishing reels has got to be X-Ship. The purpose of this feature is to provide you with extra power, smoother operation and higher power. This is achieved with a pinion gear configuration supported by double bearings. X-Ship is the distinctive feature that enables Biomaster SW reels to deliver superior performance for longer.
Features and Specifications
- Model BIO4000SW-A-XG
- 6.2:1 gear ratio
- 6 + 1 bearings
- 11kg drag power
- Weight: 310g
- Line Capacity Mono: 4kg / 200m Power Pro: 15lb / 265yds
- Aerowrap II
- AR-C spool
- CF aluminium cold forged spool
- CF gear
- Hybrid body
- One-piece bail
- Power Roller
- S A-RB
- Super Stopper II
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
This Shimano Biomaster SW 4000 size is suitable for targeting small kingfish, bonito, salmon, mulloway, snapper and barramundi to name a few from the boat or land the line class and you target species will greatly influence your fishing rod choice.
If you are in the market for a fishing rod to match this Shimano biomaster reel that here at fishing tackle shop we recommend a fishing rod that is:
For boat based fishing, depending on your fishing applications or target species we recommend a fishing rod ranging from 1.8m for jigging, ect. up to 2.2m in length if you throw plastics, lures or baits.For landbased angling the Biomaster can be used with rods ranging in length from 2.4 to 3.3m.
- Biomaster SW fishing reels offer remarkable protection against saltwater corrosion. Cold forged aluminium materials and shielded anti-rust bearings will fight against corrosion for years to come.
- The AR-C spool and Aerowrap II technology combine to give you a fishing reel that will dramatically increase your casting distance.
- X-Ship means that a double bearing supported pinion gear is present in the reel. As a result, the reel is very smooth and comes with a high power capability for dragging in tough catches.
- Aluminium and X17 graphite have been combined to create a hybrid body capable of responding with maximum strength at key pressure points during battles with difficult opponents from the deep.
- A one-piece bail ensures that the line travels directly to the Power Roller without interruption. The Power Roller then helps to prevent line twisting during you casting and retrieving.
Shimano Biomaster SW reels are packed with outstanding special features, including an ARC-Spool, S A-RB bearings, hybrid body, Aerowrap II and X-Ship technology. Order your innovative Biomaster Saltwater fishing reel today from us at Fishing Tackle Shop.