SHIMANO SOCORRO FISHING REEL (MEDIUM SIZES)
The Shimano Socorro SW Reels size 5000 or 6000 is inexpensive access to some bigger fish. The beauty of the 5000 and 6000 size is that this access to the beach, rocks and some near shore applications will not see you fishing overkill on the inshore grounds. This size range is all about versatility.
You will hunt Jew in the harbours, Barra in the rivers and Big Aussie Salmon from the beach and rocks. But with the 5000 you will also toss larger plastics or blades for Flathead in the estuaries. While it’s a big reel for such an application, its light, tight feel will still see very rewarding fishing when targeting smaller species. The Shimano Socorro SW Reels size 5000 and 6000 is all about versatility with class. For a reel in this price category it certainly packs some serious technology too.
The Shimano Socorro SW Reels sport HAGANE gearing and body, strong Cold Forged aluminium spool, and the water proof cross carbon drag. X-Ship is also a feature. The AR-C spool has impeccable casting manners. Length, accuracy and smoothness are assured which makes it ideal for surf and rock applications.
There’s a great balance of cranking speed and power. You’ll have enough winch power to drag a belligerent Pig from the snags but at the same time have just enough crank speed to cast metal slices at Tailor. Spool capacities are very generous also. Should you hook into a monster with your 5000, you can be confident of having enough line to handle significant runs. 10kg of cross carbon drag will pretty well ensure you never see the skinny end of the spool however.
The Shimano Socorro SW Reels size 5000 and 6000 are affordable general purpose reels replete with a generous helping of Shimano’s best technological innovations. For those looking for serious sport from the beach and rocks, as well as a fantastic Barra action, it’s pretty hard to pass up. The Shimano Socorro SW Reels size 5000 or 6000 for sale now. Which one will you put in your shopping basket?
Features and Specifications
- AR-C Spool
- S A-RB
- Cross Carbon Drag
- Hagane Body
- Hagane Gearing
- Moderate to High Cranking Range
- Ball bearings: 4+1
- Max Drag: 10kg
- Gear Ratio 4.6:1
- Weight : Approx 440-445 grams
Note: Price is for 1 reel only. Choose the size you require when ordering
- 5000 Size (mono capacity approx lbs/yards): 10/240, 12/195, 14/165
- 5000 Size (braid capacity approx lbs/yards): 20/245, 30/225, 40/175
- 6000 Size (mono capacity approx lbs/yards): 12/265, 16/170, 20/120
- 6000 Size (braid capacity approx lbs/yards): 30/290, 50/195, 65/140
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
Suitable for beach, rock and offshore fishing for a multitude of species as well as heavy inshore mulloway and barra style fishing. For Rod choice –Check out our handy selection guide here
- Inexpensive access to some big fish
- An entry level reel that it is loaded with some of Shimano’s most innovative technology
- The 5000/6000 size offers versatility for hunting inshore and near shore grounds for a bigger specimen of fish.
- Brilliant casting manners.
- Power and rigidity to play large fish with Hagane gears and body.
- Water proof drag ensures you are never let down during the heat of battle.
The Shimano Socorro SW Reels size 5000 or 6000 will prove to become an awesome spin reel in your arsenal. It’s ideal as your regular rock and beach go-to reel and you may even want to deploy it against some feistier pelagic species on the near shore grounds.